EISI 2016 – 3rd Information Systems Innovation Meeting
This event is part of the 12th Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems (SBSI 2016)
Organized by Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Promoted by Brazilian Computer Society (SBC)
May 17-20, 2016 – Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
Paper submission deadline:
March 14, 2016 March 25, 2016
April 4, 2016 April 8, 2016
Camera ready submission deadline: April 13, 2016
The Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems (SBSI) is an annual event that focuses on the presentation of scientific papers as well as the discussion of relevant issues in the Information Systems (IS) area, bringing together students, researchers and professionals that work on the area. SBSI program includes technical sessions, talks, short courses, panels and workshops.
The Information Systems Innovation Meeting (EISI 2016) is a proposal of SBSI with the purpose of providing the contact, discussion and points of view alignment between problems and new solutions found by the industry and society and the scientific community research topics, with respect to modeling, development, usage and management of IS.
In this 3rd edition, EISI focus is on the sharing of industry and academia experiences on the development of innovation initiatives, specially with respect to the theme “Innovation in IS in the Cloud Computing Era”. By panels, short course, talks and table discussions, the 3rd EISI intends to cover subjects like intellectual property, patents, process of industry-academia joint-development and credit lines.
The EISI also intends to advance in the establishment of a common view of innovation themes and strategic challenges in IS for better defining investments in industry, government and scientific community. Therefore, experiences’ reports on innovation in IS (dealing with the main themes and challenges in the area) will be selected from industry or academia. These themes and challenges were identified based on the most important Brazilian programs for scientific and technological development fomentation (e.g., TI-Major, Post-graduation National Program, Big Challenges on Computer Science) and the views and social/international market tendencies (Gartner Hype Cycle). Accepted papers will be presented and discussed at panels that will occur as part of the event.
Submitted papers must strongly consider the following subjects (not limited to):
- Cloud computing: security management; privacy and compliance; development models and paradigms; service composition and orchestration; management of business processes;
- Big Data and data science: challenges related to the storage, treatment and management of large volumes of data; analysis, interpretation and visualization of data; Applications for specific domains (education, scientific data analysis, government, smart cities, health, services for clients, and so on);
- Education and knowledge management: processes and applications for e-learning; memory and organizational learning; collaboration support; information organization. This subject also considers personal management through “Virtual Personal Assistants” systems;
- Internet of Things and smart environments: design of services, architectures and applications related to the interoperation of objects and IS; processes and applications aiming at security, comfort, automation and privacy of environments;
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI): techniques and applications to allow, stimulate or improve the usage of devices or computational systems, i.e., to provide simple, safe and pleasant interactions with them;
- Data interoperability: government and business’ applications; data integration techniques and Semantic Web; open data usage and governance;
- Mobility: interface design; applications and their development processes; specific-domain applications (smart cities, security, emergencies, and so on); privacy and security;
- Open platforms: approaches for the IS development in open platforms; specific-domain applications;
- Social networks: methods, techniques and tools for mining, analysis and visualization of social networks; methods, techniques and tools for analysis of social content;
- Affective computing: methods, techniques and applications related to emotion detection, affective data, sentiments and/or user personality;
- Information security: data security and applications; management of information security;
- Industrial automation: Industrial Automation Systems (IAS – manufacturing, operational management, planning and logistics); convergence and integration of IT and Automation Technology; data analysis in industrial automation (Big Data and analytics applications).
Papers describing experience reports submitted to EISI are limited to 4 pages, including figures, tables, references, and so on. Some additional requirements must also be considered:
- Papers can be written in Portuguese (an abstract in English is additionally required, in this case) or English;
- Papers must be in accordance to the ACM formatting guidelines (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). The only accepted format is PDF;
- Papers must present, in a clear way, the context of the experience report, including lessons learned and results;
- The selection of papers will be based on the program committee members’ reviews. A double-blind review will be accomplished and each paper will be analyzed by at least two reviewers. Besides paper header, any bibliographic reference that identifies paper provenance must be removed from paper submission version, like authors’ names, project names, tools and citations that identify authors, and must be replaced by “removed for double-blind review.”. These information will only be included in the camera-ready version, in case of paper acceptance;
- Submissions must be directed to the track “SBSI 2016 – EISI” of the SBC JEMS system (https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=2450). Submissions not in PDF format, and papers that exceed the page limits or do not respect the formatting guidelines will not be considered.
Accepted papers will be published in a specific section of the SBSI 2016 proceedings and are conditioned to the registration of one of their authors. A registration allows the publication of only one paper. Additional accepted papers require additional registrations. Selected papers must be presented and discussed at the meeting panels.
EISI 2016 chairs
Jean Carlo R. Hauck (UFSC – Brazil)
José Viterbo Filho (UFF – Brazil)